Taiwan’s bilateral relationship with the Philippines is continuously growing stronger. Filipinos were even given the chance to get their masters and doctoral degree under the Taiwan MOE scholarship program which application ended last March 31, 2017. The Taiwanese government has also eased its visa requirements for Filipinos who are planning to visit the country.

So, if you have booked a flight to Taipei without realizing that a visa is required, don’t worry that you wouldn’t get approved. Here’s how to obtain a Taiwan visa without even submitting any document at TECO, no hassle at all!


Philippine passport holders can apply for a visa without physically appearing at the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) in the Philippines, and submitting any requirement is no longer needed. All you need to do is to apply online, fill out the form and pay using a credit card. The turn around time is 24-48 hours but they usually send the e-visa the earlier.


*Make sure not to leave any blank. Put N/A if not necessary. 


  • Do I still need to submit supporting documents? No document required.
  • What to put on the address in Taiwan? Some used their accommodations’ address, anyway they’re not strict about this.
  • Who to put for the point of contact in Taiwan? If none, put N/A.
  • Will I receive it in 24-48 hours? they send it the same day, some have only waited 2-3 hours tor receive it on their email.
  • Will I get approved even if it’s my first time to travel out of the country? I would say 98% of the applicants gets approved regardless of how many countries they’ve been to, but it would still the discretion of the Taiwanese government. 
  • How much is the e-visa? It will cost you 2,400 NTD.

You will get an email acknowledgment that they have received your application, then after few hours, you’ll get a separate email for the e-visa. Here’s what the e-visa looks like:



If you have been to the OECD countries (like Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom and the United states) and possesses:

  1. Valid resident or has permanent resident card/ID.
  2. Valid entry visa including electronic visa.. OR,
  3. Visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival.

…you may apply for a ROC Travel Authorization Certificate which allows multiple entries to Taiwan valid for 3 months with up to 30 days stay. AT NO COST!

To be eligible for the ROC Travel Authorization Certificate, you need to meet the following conditions:

  1. Applicants passport must be valid at least 6 months starting from the date of arrival in Taiwan.
  2. Applicant must have a roundtrip ticket.
  3. Applicant has never been employed as a blue-collar worker in Taiwan.
  4. Lastly, the applicant must possess the document from the OECD countries, which I have mentioned above.

HOW? You just have to do it online, you may follow through below link:


Here’s what the certificate looks like:


  • How long will I need to wait for the certificate to be received? I got mine in less than an hour. If I remember it right it only took 10 minutes.
  • Do I need to submit a copy of my OECD visa? They just need the visa number.
  • Will they accept my expired visa from the OECD countries? Yes, as long as it’s less than 10 years.



Taiwan is such a beautiful country with friendly people. This place will always be special to me.


if you have other questions feel free to leave a comment πŸ™‚




  1. Hi janice, u only need to print the email confirmation that says ur visa has been approved with the application number right? Because I tried to click in into the link that leads u to print ur eVisa, however when i tried to fill in the application num,my passport num and verification code and pressing query it would always give me an “invalid information” note.

    1. Hello, Jane! You have to print out the evisa through the link provided, not the email. If you’re having issues printing it, I’d suggest to call TECO πŸ™‚

  2. Hello, I have an OECD visa from korea approved last november 2017 tho it’s a single entry visa only? Does TECO accept it as an attachment?

Share your thoughts